Wheat Flour - 3 cup
Gram Dhal - 1 cup
Shredded Coconut - 1 cup
Shredded Jaggeri - 1 cup
Salt to taste
1) Soak the dhal for 2 hours. Pressure cook for 2 whistle and drain the water completely.
2) In wheat flour add salt, 3 tsp of oil and water mix it well and kneed it for 15 mins to make dough. To make dough softer , close and keep it aside for 1 hour.
3) Smash the cooked dhal and mix it well with coconut & jaggeri to make sweet poornam (stuff).
4) Make lemon size balls of the dough and flatten it. Put 1 - 2 tsp of dhal mixture in the center and fold it. Then gently spread it with fingers.
5) Heat a tawa add ghee or oil and roast the poli till light brown spot appears on both sides.